Members are partnerships, corporations or other legal entities who own, operate, manage, plan, build and/or develop rental housing, condominiums, cooperatives and other forms of multi-family properties in South Dakota. Their staff is also included.
- Educational Seminars: Credit hours for License Renewal, Maintenance Seminars, Fair Housing and Beyond, Resident and Property Owner Rights & Responsibilities, Basics of Rental Property Ownership and more!
- Monthly Meeting: Programs about City ordinances, building codes, legislative updates; drugs, taxes, evictions, pest prevention, fair housing, etc.; Networking.
- Rental Forms: FREE to download for our members. If you need printed forms, we do ask for a nominal fee. Forms include: Resident Application, Rental Agreement, Security Deposit Agreement, Move-In Inventory Form, various addendums, and many more.
- Credit Reports: Available at a discount to members through Western Reporting.
- Legislative: City, County and State activities relating to the rental industry. In 2018 we successfully passed SB119, requiring service/companion animal verifications must come from within the State of South Dakota.
- Rental Review Subscription: Bi Monthly Magazine provides articles of interest and value to the multi-family property owner (local, state, and national association news).
- National Apartment Association (NAA) Membership: Providing support for the local rental industry
- UNITS Subscription: Magazine containing information on industry trends, taxes, legislation, maintenance, and other timely facts and tips.
- Vacancy Survey: Opportunity to participate and receive the semi-annual Vacancy Survey. This survey is beneficial to you in determining your development, marketing and financial plans. This is completed in January and July in the Rapid City and Sioux Falls areas.
- Annual Trade Show: Businesses showcasing products and services for the rental industry.
- Discounts: Available with SDMHA Associate Members (property insurance, office supplies, etc.).
- Committees: Opportunity to be involved in the future direction of SDMHA via participation on Committees and/or the Board of Directors. Check out more information on our Committees and the Board of Directors.
- Tax Deductible: SDMHA membership dues.