To serve as an elected member representative to develop policies, procedures, legislation, and regulations for the operation of the South Dakota Multi-Housing Association; to monitor the finances of the organization, its programs, and performance.
OBLIGATIONS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
- Establish policies that will serve as the framework for decision-making and strategy on issues that affect the industry or the operations of the association.
- To annually adopt a strategic plan from which to set goals, objectives, and priorities.
- To adopt an annual budget adequate for the operation of the association.
- To establish and implement a membership dues structure.
- To communicate possible issues of concern to the Executive Director and Board.
- To actively promote and attend SDMHA events.
- To motivate members to support SDMHA activities.
- Executive Committee to participate in the supervision of the Executive Officer.
INDIVIDUAL DUTIES OF BOARD MEMBERS:
- To attend, in person or via technology, 9 out of 12 meetings, be on time, show commitment to board activities, and follow through on your commitments. Exceptions to this on an as-needed basis.
- Be well-informed on issues and agenda items in advance of meetings.
- To consider all issues based on their merits and which are in the best interest of the entire membership and industry.
- Contribute skill, knowledge, and experience when appropriate and when it benefits the membership and industry.
- Listen respectfully to other points of view.
- Participate in organizational decision-making.
- Financially support the organization through current membership, contributions to door prizes, travel, lodging, etc.
- To serve as a committee liaison as assigned.
- Understand the purpose of the assigned committee and aid in achieving its goals.
- Provide effective liaison between the assigned committee and the Board of Directors.
- Represent the organization to the public and private industry.
- Educate yourself about the needs of the members served.
- Financially support SD Multi-Housing Political Action Committee.
For more information and/or questions, please contact the SDMHA office at 605-336-7756 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact our Chair, Jill Madsen at 605-339-9000 or email@example.com.