We have a fabulous line up of education for everyone: property owners, property managers, maintenance persons, management staff and suppliers.
Wednesday, October 16th
- Company Culture & the Spririt of the Law (3R). Instructor: Brian Majerus. This is not your usual Fair Housing Class. Brian will take a deeper dive into the depths of Fair Housing
- Vital C's of Leasing (3E). Instructor: Anne Sadvosky. This will give you the boost you need: Courage, Create, Care, Connect, Communicate, Cause, Capture; and CLOSE the Sale
- Lunch with Jo Hausman. join us for lunch and be energized by Jo Hausman, an international syndicated live radio show host, inspirational speaker and online business strategist
1pm - 4pm:
- Ethics That Matter (3R). Instructor: Kolby Johnson, Pro-Ed. This session will guide you through the South Dakota rules to avoid the pitfalls and to keep every facet of your career running as smoothly as possible
1pm - 2:30pm
- Dealing with Difficut People (3E). Instructor: Richard George. Learn new ideas and techniques in dealing with those difficult people in your life. Participants will be able to L.E.A.R.N. their way through conflict.
2:30pm - 4pm
- The Budget Myth (3E). Instructor: Richard George. Participants will see the impact their decisions have on a property and how to make your budget work for you.
4:15pm - 6:15pm - Property Tour. Jump on the bus and join in on the fun. Thank you to Bank Midwest for their generous support.
- Spring Creek Luxury Living
- Huntington Village Apartments
- The Cascade at Falls Park
- For those interested a brewery tour at Severance Brewing Co
Thursday, October 17th
7:00am - 8:00am: Independent Rental Owners Breakfast: Tax talk with accountants and how to take advantage of tax credits available to you.
- Contracts, Evictions, Documentation & Disputes (3R). Instructor: Glenn Boomsma, Breit Law. He will present on: what your contracts should say; how to navigate through an eviction; why documentation is necessary and how to handle residents disputes.
- Heating - Gas and Electric (3E). Instructor: Brian Wilhite. We are opening this session of the CAMT course to everyone. Attend to learn how to save your property money by fixing basic issues yourself.
11:30am - Trade Show - Want a booth? Click here
1pm - Lunch
2pm - 5pm:
- Abuse Triangle (3R). Amy Carter with Children's Inn will speak on what domestic violence is, VAWA and what resources are available. Megan Assman Davis of Call To Freedom will speak on human trafficking and things to be on the look out for. And Kristi Kranz of the Center for the Prevention of Child Maltreatment will speak on adverse childhood experiences and how to recognize child abuse.
- Environmental (3R). City of Sioux Falls staff will be presenting the latest information and ordinances on ash bore and recycling. MultiFamily Utility Company will present the benefits of metering your utilities and recouping those expenses.
5:15pm After Party! One ticket included in "Full Convention" registration. Nibble on some food, relax, partake in a beverage and win prizes. Can't wait for you to experience SILENT DISCO!!
|7:45 AM - 8:30 AM||Registration Opens|
|4:15 PM - 6:15 PM||Property Tour|
|7:45 AM - 8:30 AM||Registration Open|
|11:30 AM - 1:45 PM||Trade Show Open|
|1:00 PM - 1:45 PM||Lunch|
For More Information:
Sioux Falls, SD 57109 605.336.7756
Need a Room? Contact Holiday Inn City Centre at 1-888-holiday or online. Ask for the SDMHA bank of rooms.